The Emerald Isle Immigration Center is seeking a Manager of Finance and Administration (MFA) to join this exemplary nonprofit agency entering its 27th year of service and become part of the executive team. The MFA is responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary functions for the organization, ensuring that the organization operates in an effective and fiscally sound manner. The MFA is also responsible for ensuring that agency has the people, processes, and systems in place to advance its mission.
The MFA reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other members of the executive team and the Board of Directors, particularly the Treasurer. The MFA processes a skill set that leads the agency and the administration members of the team responsible for fiscal oversight, bookkeeping, facilities, budgeting, and requisition of receivables, human capital and information technology. The MFA is primarily based in Woodside, Queens, New York and periodically travels to our second office location in the Bronx.
- Minimum three to five years related work experience in positions of increasing scope and responsibility working in or with the nonprofit sector
- Experience in the fields of finance, human resources, IT management, events and fiscal administration
- Experience in a financial operation with board-level budgeting and reporting accountability
- Experience with negotiating and requisitioning funds from government and private grants with multi-lateral organizations and complying with restricted and complex (NYC, Intl. NY State, Federal grant & contracts)
- Comfortable in an environment where a hands-on management style, adaptability and a get-it-done attitude with a sense of humor are necessary
- Highly organized delegator who sets individual and direct team report priorities and effectively monitors progress towards achievement
- Excellent in motivating and retaining team members
- Experience with working in developing a growing nonprofit helpful
- BA in accounting or finance will be considered a valuable asset
- Commitment to EIIC’s mission and core values
Please e-mail a cover letter and your resume with the wording: EIIC Manager of Finance & Administration in the subject field to: Siobhand@eiic.org
Alternatively send your resume and a cover letter via regular mail to Siobhan Dennehy, EIIC Executive Director, 59-26 Woodside Ave, Second Floor, Woodside NY 11377
Applications will accepted until 5pm, Monday, March 16, 2015. Due to the large number of applications expected only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted